PDA

View Full Version : Major tuning problem

DOUBLE X
04-15-2004, 03:00 AM
I am having a major tuning problem. got the GM MAF, and the data logger installed. went to start tune and the ECU threw a few codes coolant temp, zero timing advance, 100% TPS, 6.3 ms injector pulse, no air flow signal. I checked the TPS by disconnecting it, it then logged 27%. The coolant temp was reading -72. The Trans has no power. Tomorrow I am going to swap the ECU out with another one and log it again, plus I am going to check all the grounds to the ECU, and check all my wiring that I have done.

The funny thing the car starts and idles but it is running rich.

Everything was working before I added this last group of performance parts. Does anybody have any ideas about what could have caused all those readings to pop up?

DlandryTSI
04-15-2004, 09:38 AM
What logger/EMS setup are you running?

--Dave

DSMtuned
04-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Did you reset the ECU after unplugging parts and adding new parts?

Sometimes the ECU gets confused without being reset.

DOUBLE X
04-16-2004, 12:49 AM
The logger is a TMO logger, all the upgrades were put on with the batt disconnected.

fusionsport
04-16-2004, 08:21 AM
your running a MAFT?

hoffman
04-16-2004, 08:35 AM
Is anything done to the ECU? I'm assuming its got a TMO chip, but what was it burned for? What about the caps, if that could even cause problems?

DOUBLE X
04-17-2004, 10:18 PM
I don't have the TMO chip, and I do have the GM MAF w/ Trans.

The good news is I found out what was wrong, I hooked up 2 wires from the S-AFC backwards and it fried the ECU so I install a E-prong ECU. I have not reinstalled the S-AFC but I plan to due so some time this week.:D

fusionsport
04-17-2004, 10:27 PM
thats why I asked if you were using a MAFT, I have seen similar problems by plugging in the MAFT wrong and/or miswiring an afc. I dont know that I would trust that AFC now either, but if it checks out fine I guess theres no harm in using it.