PDA

View Full Version : engine managment

Hybrid944
07-12-2004, 06:35 PM
what should i get?

im loking at a fully programable system for a 95 gsx.

whats the best to use. / and yet easy to install.

can control 2 stages on N20
and possibly 2 sets of injectors?

and still uses the stock guage pillar?

Dallas J
07-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Depends on how much power you want, ease of installation and tuning, personal experience with stand alones...A bunch of things really. Most likely you would be well enough off with DSMLink and a wideband unless youre shooting for sub 10 second slips.

-Dallas J

Hybrid944
07-12-2004, 06:49 PM
;)

Hal
07-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Why eight injectors?

you can get 800+ on only 4.

Why 2 stage nitrous under ecu control?

You can use a progressive controller... combine it with DSMLink and your nitrous system can be configured to shut down under conditions of knock

Hal

Hybrid944
07-13-2004, 07:21 PM
I am planning on worst case senerio.

im my porsche im running 2 sets of injectors.. one for gass. and one for methanol

so im running 2 fuel systems.

the second is for major boost. then the meth kicks in.

but in this car im just fishing.

if i can get close to 800hp on oneset of inj's then that will be the way to go.

why 2 stages, with ecu control? bc i hate trying to tune different piggyback systems to work together. this way there is one system to worry about instread of 3. s-afc, N20, and the e-boost controler.

Hal
07-13-2004, 08:13 PM
I use DSMLink as the "trigger" for the nitrous.

It controls the on/off based on rpm, speed, tps, knock.

The "on" then enables a progressive controller whch can handle 55% to 100% of a single stage, and control over 100% of a second stage.

Pretty simple, and pretty idiot proof.

Hal

v413nc3
07-14-2004, 07:27 AM
If you want something with all the goodies get AEM, spend hours trying to get it to work, pulling out your hair. And then finally get it running and it's slick as dog snot. If you want simple tuning get a DSMLink. It does pretty damn good for what it is, and can handle a lot. Each has an advantage and disadvantage, but IMHO those would be your only two *good* options.

Dallas J
07-14-2004, 09:40 AM
If youre honestly looking to push 800 hp out of a DSM then something like a Haltec or AEM would probably fit the bill. If youre shooting for 500-600 I think a MAFT and DSMLink and Wide band would work just fine.

Shepherd uses an AEM and i think has about 875 hp

-Dallas J

Hybrid944
07-15-2004, 10:09 PM
ya. ive been doing alot of reading.

looks like just 4 will work for that much power.

its a bit different in the damn euro world. lol.

looks like fun.

thanks for the advise everyone.

v413nc3
07-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Actually Dallas, Link is almost not worth it for a 1G. The price right now (my cost) for a 1G AEM is $850. The MAJOR selling point isn't the functionality of DSMLink but the ease of use. It's more "idiot" proof than a stand alone. I'm not trying to put down Link in any way, I really like it, I'm just saying that AEM works better than Link does in the same areas of HP. I know many people running it in the 350-550 range of power and they prefer it over DSM link because it has more features.

Yao
07-16-2004, 08:17 AM
If interested, I have a brand new Haltec e6x never installed with all software and sensor for $900. Yaomlin@yahoo.com

Dallas J
07-16-2004, 09:41 AM
With someone that is absolutely competent with the AEM then yes it would be better at any power level, but probably not usefull. If you want something that will give you room to grow to enormous levels of power then AEM would be the way to go. But its a daily driver, or someone at say my skill level then I would say less is more.

Im sure I could learn how to get the AEM going with some time, but with all the new features of DSMLink their isnt much that the AEM does for me that DSMLink doesnt. Dont get me wrong though, I know that AEM has tons more potential than DSMLink and lots more options, but for me it would just be more stuff to mess up.

-Dallas J

v413nc3
07-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh I fully agree with you. Like I said, DSMLink is more idiot proof than AEM. You can still blow your shit up, but just not as easy :). And you shouldn't underestimate yourself. I think you could figure out an AEM pretty quick.

Dallas J
07-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by v413nc3
Oh I fully agree with you. Like I said, DSMLink is more idiot proof than AEM. You can still blow your shit up, but just not as easy :). And you shouldn't underestimate yourself. I think you could figure out an AEM pretty quick.

I would like to mess around with one sometime, or some type of standalone at least. Maybe one day ill just get one for a what ever car I have at the time.

-Dallas J