PDA

View Full Version : TMO stage 3 chip "installed"

DOUBLE X
08-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Does any body know where I can get my TMO stage 3 chip installed?

Mirage
08-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Does any body know where I can get my TMO stage 3 chip installed?

I'm guessing that your ecu isn't socketed yet? Get it socketed by a person that can solder SMT stuff very well. If you don't feel confident in opening the ECU and screwing around with it, let someone with experience do it.

Otherwise, it's just a straightforward swap. Pry out the old one and pop in the new one making sure it's seated fully in the socket.

Marcus Martinez

91turbolaser
08-10-2004, 11:22 PM
i took it to a local auto shop and their computer guy socketed my ecu for 15 bucks!! great job too. the chips just plug in. be very careful not to damage any of the prongs when pushing it into socket. it can cause it to overheat if you happen to mess up one of the main power leads i believe. got mine from jeff of dsm chips. hes a fantastic guy did so much for me. i installed it today!

DOUBLE X
08-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Where can I get my ECU socketed, we are to limited here in New Mexico.

91turbolaser
08-11-2004, 11:12 AM
call your local electronics repair or computer shops. if no luck try auto repairs. you may get lucky like i did. otherwise you may have to send it out to companies like ongreenperformance.com. they charge a little more tho.

DOUBLE X
08-11-2004, 06:30 PM
I found a computer repair shop today that can do it. It is supposed to be done tommorrow!

Now here is a stupid question which way does the chip fit into the socket or does it not matter!

v413nc3
08-11-2004, 06:39 PM
You will see a U shaped divot in the top of the chip, it will match up with the PCB, or it will have an arrow on the PCB, that's Pin 1. Either way they mark them.

91turbolaser
08-11-2004, 10:40 PM
ya the indented side would face in to towards middle of the ecu not facing out near the end. i was stupid and hooked up my clutch switch mods wrong so the car wouldnt start, i thought maybe the sticker orientation was wrong and turned it around backwards. poof melted my chip. dont be stupid and make my mistake. luckily jeff o. is awsome and replaced the chip plus gave a stock one just in case. what a nice guy.

DOUBLE X
08-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the info, Hopefully everything will go smooth for awhile, That way I can get the ECU into the car and the new turbo "again" and head to the track to mess up some shittalkers day!

herostar
07-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know of a place in denver/ft collins/ in between that can socket my ecu for me?