PDA

View Full Version : Link or afc?

96gst
08-16-2004, 05:07 PM
i recently purchased 650's, a 255lph and a fpr. My question is, what fuel control would be ideal to get? the dsmlink or the s-afc? in terms of use i have heard the dsmlink is great and easy to use/navigate. people always seem to have problems with s-afc. i was leaning towards the afc beacuse of costs, only 250 where as the dsmlink, a 95emprom(plus socketing) and a laptop will probably add up to about 900 even though i will end up getting the laptop anyways for logging, i am just asking if it is worth it, any input/suggestions would be appriciated.

-david

b_diddy
08-16-2004, 05:37 PM
i recently purchased 650's, a 255lph and a fpr. My question is, what fuel control would be ideal to get? the dsmlink or the s-afc? in terms of use i have heard the dsmlink is great and easy to use/navigate. people always seem to have problems with s-afc. i was leaning towards the afc beacuse of costs, only 250 where as the dsmlink, a 95emprom(plus socketing) and a laptop will probably add up to about 900 even though i will end up getting the laptop anyways for logging, i am just asking if it is worth it, any input/suggestions would be appriciated.

-david
ill say what i was told 2 years ago.

go with link and dont look back

jmakado
08-16-2004, 06:27 PM
i have an afc II, pocketlogger combo. it works fine. however, i still want dsmlink more everyday. the extra features make it way easier to tune with than an AFC. i can barely get the car how i want it with 560's.....650's will be even harder to get right. don't even get me started on how much i want launch control and NLTS.
dsmLink hands down!!

fusionsport
08-16-2004, 06:51 PM
AEM all the way. For the money spent it is the best value and the most flexible/cost efficient solution. I bought mine with all sensors for 1050 on the trader, and have seen several go for about that price.

On another note- I have a good AEM basemap for 1G DSMs at this altitude

Hal
08-16-2004, 07:38 PM
Dsmlink

You can use a laptop or a PDA to adjust it, has taken Russ Coxe to 10.1 in his 2g.

Installs in a matter of minutes, and you spend virtually zero time with any tuning other than wide open throttle.

The car runs at least as good as stock (if not better), right out of the box with no "tuning".

Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive... and 2g eprom ecu's can be had for about $100

... and if it matters, has been proven to pass the IM240 emissions test

As an example, this past saturday I installed a DSMLink in a car several times using different ECUs. It ran perfectly each time without making ANY adjustments or loading any maps.

Truely plug and play.

Hal

msober
08-16-2004, 07:42 PM
I don't want to make any recomendations since I don't own one yet, but I'm going to get the dsmlink once the car is running. I like that it's (obviously) made for dsms. Also note that dsmlink has more features than the SAFC.

Maybe as a cheap/temp solution you can find a used safc and save up for dsmlink?

96gst
08-16-2004, 09:02 PM
thanks for all the fast responses, i think i will go ahead and spend a some more money and get the dsmlink, i have only heard good things :)

wildfire0310
08-16-2004, 09:10 PM
I would go with the link if you have the money. I have an s-afc and I would like a link and plan to get a link soon. The only reason I have te afc is since I got it for almost free.

SnwNRcktRder
08-17-2004, 03:53 PM
yeah, I can't wait for dmslink to come out for 1g's....I hear it's coming out soon? anyone have an update?

hoffman
08-17-2004, 04:14 PM
It's being tested right now. I like the features on it, nearly identical to the 2g version.

Patients.

v413nc3
08-17-2004, 04:19 PM
We're hooking it up to Art next week to see if he can run off DSMLink. If so I wanna get rid of all the retardation in his uhm... spark.

hoffman
08-17-2004, 04:23 PM
rotflmmfao!

That was good. After we get rid of my retardation, we are gonna band clamp Jake's balls to his leg and make him run the 1320. :p

Now get back on topic!