PDA

View Full Version : Tunning question??

98GSX
12-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Don't know if this would be the right forum, so here goes.

At low RPM and throtle levels in all gears on my car, when the car is at normal operating temp the check engine light comes on. When I let me foot off of the throtle the light goes away and if I hit the throtle more, then the light stays off. I was thinking that it could possibly be the EGR, since I do not have it blocked off. Any thoughts? I'm running a Big16G ported and clipped, with an Apexi N-1 exhaust.

Also at crusing throtle and speeds around 2500 to 3500 rpm the car seems to hesitate, almost like it's backfiring. Don't know if these problems are related or not? Plug wires are Magnacor, about 3 years old, the plugs are BPR-7ES. I'm tunning with DSMlink V1 right now. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Hal
12-05-2004, 06:35 AM
It's knocking.

98GSX
12-05-2004, 08:56 AM
The DSMlink is not showing any counts of knock. I've ran it in all conditions and still nothing. Wierd huh? That was my first thought was knock, that's why I hooked up the DSMlink and drove with it for a while. Thanks for the input.

Chris

Hal
12-05-2004, 09:04 AM
In that case, I would suggest you post your question on the DSMLink support forums.

Hal