PDA

View Full Version : idle still messed up

Codsk8er
07-03-2005, 01:57 PM
So my mechanic bumped up my idle a little bit and he doesnt think that it is my throttle body that is causeing the problem. He thinks that it might be my ISC. Cause sometimes my car, with the idle being turned up to 1000rpm, stays at 1000 and sometimes it is way lower at like 500. It has also dies one time while i was warming my car up. It also sometimes needs me to give it some gas or throttle when i am starting it, cause otherwise it wont start. So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions that would be cool. Oh, my mechanic has some used but cleaned us ISC's and we are gonna try that out for a little while and see if it runs any better or worse. Thanks everyone for always trying to help me out. I appreciate it.

Cody,
92 talon awdtsi turbo

Steve-O
07-04-2005, 01:45 AM
Throwing out a suggestion. Could it be a leaking cap on the ECU?

Dan Ritchie
07-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Throwing out a suggestion. Could it be a leaking cap on the ECU?

It's possible, but less likely. It would probably be a good idea to replace the CAPS anyways.

It sounds like it could be a vacuum leak. Just for kicks, have you done an intake pressure test?

boxergst
07-06-2005, 10:27 PM
I think I would have to go with Dan on this, probably a Vac leak. Check your lines, and pressure test. Good luck, hopefully thats all it is. ;)