PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Case Issues??

Reef187
08-25-2007, 12:11 PM
So it would appear that my t-case is leaking fluid, which brings to mind a pop I heard the last time I was bolting it back into place. I know, I'm a dumbass... Anyways, I'm wondering if I did indeed crack the case, is there any fixing it? Also is there any way to know how many splines it has without dropping it and counting?

All help greatly appreciated...

Reef

NJpearl94
08-25-2007, 06:03 PM
First I should ask if this is a 1g or 2g? Where is the leak exactly? As a 1g owner I know that many of the t-cases required a recall because of a bad connection between the driveshaft and t-case. Also if your axle output shaft seal is leaking from the tranny above the t-case it will drip down and look like its coming from the t-case.

Dan Ritchie
08-26-2007, 02:49 PM
If it's leaking you need to get that fixed...it's a safety issue.

If you don't get that one back together, I have a 23 spline I can help you out with for a good price.

So it would appear that my t-case is leaking fluid, which brings to mind a pop I heard the last time I was bolting it back into place. I know, I'm a dumbass... Anyways, I'm wondering if I did indeed crack the case, is there any fixing it? Also is there any way to know how many splines it has without dropping it and counting?

All help greatly appreciated...

Reef

Reef187
08-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Thx for the info guys. I talked to Jack last nite and he has what we need to get it fixed up. I really appreciate the replies. I'll let you know if I have any further trouble with it.

Reef