PDA

View Full Version : Please help

TalonTSi93
08-29-2007, 11:38 PM
I got a 1G TSi, i changed my clutch pad,bearing and the slave cylinder. I still cannot get it into gear while the car is running :mad: . When the car is off i can easily go through all the gears, if I'm missing something or someone knows what i need to do to get my car on the road again please help, Thanks

ba109296
08-30-2007, 12:53 AM
Is it aftermarket?
For some reason when you put an aftermarket clutch in or sometimes just a stock clutch it will do this.
First you need to make sure its all in right and the system is bled. Then under the dash you need to try to adjust the master cylinder rod and see what that does.
From what I have seen you need to make a longer rod for the slave cylinder. Just take the slave rod out, go to home depot and get a rod that is that strength or stronger. Then you cut a piece a little longer than the stock slave rod and try it. Usually you just do that until you get the right one.

I am by no means an expert and actually the opposite a novice with 1g trans issues but this has worked for a few people that I know.

TalonTSi93
08-30-2007, 01:07 AM
ya its a act 6 puc, its the 2nd one i put in.

CU DSM
08-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Did you, or have you ever replaced the shifting fork and fulcrum/pivot ball (or at least shimmed it with a washer or two if you didn't replace it)? That can also be one thing that people neglect to do. Just a thought.

rodent
08-30-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm no tranny expert but could it be the Syncros inside the tranny? The syncros are used to slow the gear to a stop before it is engaged to avoid gear grinding.

Mike Patrick
08-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Did you have the flywheel step height set properly?

Jack(IAT)
08-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Your PP might be warped, the FW could have the incorrect step height, you could have a bad master cylinder, or bad flex line.

If you replaced the master cylinder, you must replace it with a factory unit. The aftermarket units from the autoparts stores are junk.

If the slave cylinder doesn't look like it is leaking, leave it alone. The extended slave rod does absolutely nothing. The rods you see for sale online are a scam. If you understand how the hydraulic system works in your car, you will know that the extended rod just moves the slave piston in a different spot, and doesn't affect its throw.

You could also have a damaged disk. If you let the trans hang on the disk during the install you could warp it so it will always be in the friction zone.

I would also check you clutch pedal. The z-bar in 1Gs can go bad and cause clutch issues as well. Push the pedal to the floor and then let go. Pull up on the pedal. Did it feel like it moved up? If so, you have a bad z-bar assy.

Jack