+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tranny problems, HELP

1. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

tranny problems, HELP

It's called, NO CENTER DIFF, it fucking broke I'm guessing. I was going down the road to my moms house in Rockport, I saw her going the other way so I flipped a bitch(u-turn) and then I went to take off and it seemed like my clutch went out but it still pulled a little but took alot to get it going. If I get it to really high rpms it will shutter really bad and then lock up and take off sorta. This sound like a center diff? The speedo still works and when I hit the gas it'll register however fast the car SHOULD be going but the car is hardly moving. Any thoughts?

I was just told it's most likely my Viscious Coupler. It's a JDM tranny and I guess the front diff ring gear is different ratio than the USDM one.

2. v413nc3 Guest

sounds a lot like your VC that sucks man

3. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found another problem, my pass side rear axle is "loose" where it goes into the diff. Broke????? I'm gonna pull off the 3 bolts tomorrow and puller er out and see.

4. v413nc3 Guest

Hmmm.... you might be lucky and that could be your only problem.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hope so because I just got this tranny from TRE and I would be UBER pissed if it's the VC or even the center diff. I'll see tomorrow.

6. you don't have a mitus *front* LSD in that JDM tranny do you? If you do you need a different front axle. Both the front LSD and matching axles are rare but they do exist.

7. nevermind you said rear axle not front...i'm tired

8. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I tore into it and found my pass side outer front CV joint had fell apart, lol. All good now.

+ Reply to Thread