+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: bottle cap blow off

1. Charlzz3 Guest

bottle cap blow off

I was informed of a little trick makes ur blow off real loud even stock. just put a soda lid on ur turbo return and it forces it all out, Is this safe????????????

2. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Charlzz3
    I was informed of a little trick makes ur blow off real loud even stock. just put a soda lid on ur turbo return and it forces it all out, Is this safe????????????
    First off making your BOV loud isn't worth the effort. Your car will run like crap with a vented BOV.

Secondly its not a trick. Its a ricer mod. The only way to get away with it is by doing speed density or a blow through maf setup.

--Dave

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

thats cheap, your car will run like crap if you do this..... what kind of car is it, and what do you have done>? further more what are your goals with your car?>

Marco

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Downloads
    Uploads

A.K.A. Venting to atmosphere. If you do a search, you'll find plenty of discussion about this topic. This won't help you at all in the drivability nor the power application between shifts.

If you ever go to Bandimere and wonder why you're slower than stock, this can be what's causing it.

Just don't do it.

Hmm, I ought to trademark that saying

Marcus Martinez
    "Just Don't Do It"

5. Charlzz3 Guest

thanks

Thanks for the info, i changed it for a sec the other day and dont really like it.
    Its a 95 TSI 2wd automatic. It is completely stock but am looking to mod it a little when i pay for my ticket.

6. DSMWHAT Guest

Thanks for the info, i changed it for a sec the other day and dont really like it.
    Its a 95 TSI 2wd automatic. It is completely stock but am looking to mod it a little when i pay for my ticket.
    Your mod list should look something like this

Mod 1. Sale Automatic FWD
    Mod 2. Buy 5 speed AWD or FWD

That is if you want to go fast of course. If you just want to a be neato ricer with loud stuff then your mod list should look like this

Mod 1. Sale Automatic FWD DSM
    Mod 2. But 95 Civic hatchabck and install 3" pipe exuhaust with 6" fart can muffler.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is not even right...

Don't rag on the guy if he has a platform that is what you would consider inferior or for his preferences.

Also, I've seen it too often. What is it with people saying "Sale a car" or something like that. It's "Sell a car". Sale is a noun, sell is a verb.

Sorry, just bugging the hell outta me.

Marcus Martinez

8. v413nc3 Guest

LoL Marcus, that annoys the shit out of me also. And as far as "get a manual" automatics can be made fast as well, not to mention it's not very hard to convert them, or expensive.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Downloads
    Uploads

I converted a friend's auto AWD in just under 10 hours and $400 from start to finish.

It's not a hard swap, just gotta know what you're doing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fastest cars in the world are autos.

Look at pro FWD. Turbo and naturally aspirated, they're still running sub-10 second runs.

Auto's are the best for drag runs. No shifts to screw up in middle of the run. Manuals are more fun on the streets, but it's not important to everyone.

Marcus Martinez

10. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

Russ Coxe runs 10s in an automatic. Do you run 13s up here?
    '95 Mitsu GSX
    '06 Nissan Titan SE

+ Reply to Thread