+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.1 60' time in a FWD GP?

1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Downloads
    Uploads

1.1 60' time in a FWD GP?

Gong to Bandi last night was awesome. I went to see if Tara would get her 12. I'll let Robert post the details about that though.

A friend was there with his father's 1997 Grand Prix. Built engine, tranny, supporting mods... You know the drill.

He says he ran a 12.6@102 last night with a 1.1 (!) 60 foot time. I'm calling BS because I have never seen that car pull anything faster than a 13.8 1/4 and a 2.0 60' here at altitude. AFAIK, the fastest GP in that club is a 13.4 at altitude.

Here's a link to his timeslip (2nd post). Any ideas why it showed a 1.1 second 60' time?

Timeslip

I hate to ruin the guy's fun, but I would love to know how that 60' time showed up on the timeslip. Did something blow across the track? Who knows. Everything else other than the ET and the 60' time seem legitimate.

Any Ideas?

Marcus

2. v413nc3 Guest

a 1.1 60' is almost impossible for the car you're talking about. I mean, an all wheel drive with slicks and massive suspension and drive train upgrades is seeing 1.3 I believe (Shep) With a 1.1 60' he wouldn't be looking at 12's he would be looking at 7-8's

3. Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    . Any ideas why it showed a 1.1 second 60' time?

Marcus
    hot dog wrapper.....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're right Marcus! It has been confirmed by Bandi that the smoke from the burnout set off the 60' timer inaccurately and that a 1.7 60' was more likely.
    "Tararizer" 12.61 @ 110 - Bandimere

+ Reply to Thread