Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tires

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tires

I'm going to be in the market for new tires really soon, next month or so, and I'm wondering what tires y'all are running and what tires you suggest.

I use the stock 205/55/16's...I think I want something in the v-rating, but I'm not sure yet. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

Depends on the rim and what kind of driving these tires will see.
    '95 Mitsu GSX
    '06 Nissan Titan SE

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's the stock '92 talon rim, and they'll see normal daily driving, with some time at bandi every now and then.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

try the yokos

im running on yokohama avs es-100 and they have been great so far really sticking to the roads well. They are great in dry and wet conditions but if you need a snow capable tire look elsewhere because in that department they suck.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have Continental ContiExtreme tires. They are an all around great tire IMHO.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have Nankang tires 225/50/16 on my stock wheels... Pretty nice all around tire and decent in the snow.

I have wanli z rated on my 18s and they are awesome in dry conditions, good in wet and totally suck ass in the snow.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

Other than blizzacks, I'm going to say all performance tires suck in the snow.

I really liked the Eagle F1s. A little pricey, but nice grip, little road noise, even good wet traction.

If the car is going to see very little rain I like the Falken Azenis as a good all around dry tire.
    '95 Mitsu GSX
    '06 Nissan Titan SE

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have kumho 711`s their z rated 18`s and they stick to the road great wet or dry. occasionally I have to use them in the snow and their "ok" but better to have the stockers ready for random snow.

9. Join Date
    May 2003
    Downloads
    Uploads

I run the Nitto 450 Extream Pro. tire and i drive on them daily and also comuit back and forth to Larremie and Denver. There a great tire on the snow and at Bandi. I hookup to the track real nice with them and run 1.7 60' on them.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love my Toyo Proxes 4, they are extremely sticky in dry and wet conditions.

+ Reply to Thread