+ Reply to Thread

Thread: brake pedal went to the floor!!!

1. brake pedal went to the floor!!!

so i woke up yesterday, drove the car through monument (couple of stoplights, stopsigns) and my brakes were fine. got on the highway and cruzed ~12 miles to colorado springs. went to slow down for traffic and my brake pedal went straight to the floor and the car didnt slow at all. let off the pedal, pressed it again and it worked perfectly. tapped it a few more times and it worked fine. drove another mile or so and exited the highway, pedal went to the floor again. let off, hit it again and it was fine. drove the rest of the way to school and nothing happened unusual. parked the car and the E-brake came all the way up with no resistance. drove the car home fine with no strange pedal issues. parked the car at home and the ebrake still has no resistance.

im guessing the ebrake cable is broken, thats fine. i dont ever park on hills anyways. my real concern is the regular brake pedal going to the floor. if i had had to actually stop instead of slow down my car would be totalled most likely. any ideas what would cause this? could the broken ebrake cable cause the regular brakes to not work? anyone ever hear of something similar? any ideas whats busted?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

I`d say just check everything. Make sure nobody messed with the bleeders (people do suck sometimes). Make sure fluid is full, lines all look good ,the air hose is hooked up to the booster, look under the dash for ???. It has to be something obvious. Good luck with it keep us updated.

-George

I hate to say it, but if all the sudden the P-Brake is also messed its a little stretched to be coincidence.

:Edited for spelling.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's odd, the P-brake works off of a cable and your regular breaks are all hydrolic. sp* I think someone is messing with your car. Dude, don't drive that car until you find out what's wrong, sounds like sabatage! sp*

Jesse

+ Reply to Thread