Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: FWD+Open Differential=SUCK

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Downloads
    Uploads

FWD+Open Differential=SUCK

But it sure is fun. Well after much provoking from everyone last night, I got the mirage teched and made a few passes. There is something wrong with the knock sensor wiring on the harness and the oil return line is shot. But we let her rip.

I was on the no name 14" tires that came with the car. They were not in the best shape of course. Best pass was a 15.1@101. That was bouncing off the rev limiter in 4th gear. The car is an absolute monster. Everything was zeroed out on dsmlink and just got the injectors close. The struts are blown, the shifter cables need tightened. Was running wastegate pressure(24-25psi) on 91 octane.

I had someone stand at the end of the track and even trying to shift into 5th gear early I was still spinning the tires through the traps. I spun all 1320ft. UNREAL. The car, FWD and everything was way beyond my expectations. It is going to take a long time to learn how to drive it.

I need a good rear suspension and new struts in the front. I need at least 24" slicks and a KAAZ LSD. But if the way the car is running half ass right now is any indication, this car will fly.

The motor is stock from the throttle body to the oil pan. Car is more or less bolt on parts. But damn if it wasn't easy to make it go fast. I have under $3000 in new parts on the car. Car is easily somewhere north of 400whp off the wastegate and zero tuning.

Go FWD.

Steven

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds awesome, Steven. Will those slicks keep you from spinning or do you need those plus the LSD?

Fred

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think with slicks and an LSD it will be that great. Good thing for trap speeds.

Steven

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL, I told you FWD really makes things a challenge. I'm making north of 350 hp but still eeked out a 13.20 @ 119 mph on crappy street tires...but I've got over 150 passes in my car to help. Slicks are the only answer, along with a better suspension and seat time. Can't wait to see it running in better trim. I was also only running 18 psi due to a clutch...i'll be much faster next time...should be a fun show down.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Downloads
    Uploads

PLease. I just need seat time. I do need to sit down with you and figure out how to drive it properly. But it was literally spinning every inch of the track. As far as the show down. Phhhhh. No doubt I will whoop that ass.

Did you get your tranny in yet? If so we should have that showdown soon. I want to feel out the competition. Davis as well. Fix his head gasket and come get some.

Steven

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

101 mph vs 119 mph...I blew the tires off through third and clutch slipped all the way through fourth. That was also at 18 psi, not the 23 psi I was tuned for (centerforce sucks). New tranny is in, clutch is changed...i'll show you why you the 61 is underated and I'll do it with a much smaller turbo with an AFC....Davis is also on my list...no one will be spared. I have no friends when it comes to racing...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, and lets go from a dig...just to make things interesting LOL. Not to often I ask for a 'dig' race on a DSM forum LOL.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Downloads
    Uploads

what happened to kicking our asses? Good luck next year.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

Come get some everyone knows i'm the one to beat...Sorry but the bonestock 1.6L is being put into retirement you will have to run me on the new set-up...

Davis
    89' mirage turbo

D.D.L. built 1.6l, e316g, 950cc injectors, evo 8 fmic, tial bov, 3" exhaust, gm maf via ecm maf cable, tuned via dsmlink v3 on e-85....Bandi 11.62 @ 121mph
    ( . Y . ) <----Boobies

10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

What about me??? Maybe when mine works lol. Water pump is down. I'm going to serve you all the goods on a 16g.
    George

1993 Dodge Colt
    1989 Original Turbo Mirage v2.0
    1993 Crap Foxbody at the moment

11. 10-13-2006 01:22 PM

Closed Thread