+ Reply to Thread

Thread: clutch pedal not coming up?

1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

clutch pedal not coming up?

Recently I've been having problems with my clutch pedal not coming more then a few inches off the floor. It only happens after I make a left hand turn. If I push in on the pedal it will sink a few inches and stay there. It still grabs and shifts normally. I have to put my foot behind the pedal and pull it forward to get it back to where it normally is. After that everything is normal again, that is until I make my next left hand turn. Any ideas what could be wrong with it? It is a SBR3500 clutch with a ACT lighten flywheel if that helps out at all. Thanks.

Luke

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

I may be off base here but have you looked into crank walk?? For some reason I remember that it has something to do with left hand turns. It can only be that, your master cylinder or your slave. Those are the only things in that part of the system that can go bad. Does your cars idle go down when you push the clutch in?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like crank walk to me :shrugs:
    -Seth

2007 - 11.671 @ 125.34 50trim, 100shot, 110 octane
    2009 - 11.283 @ 126.86 SC6152e (131.11 best trap), only boost

The Pictures
    Other forum screen names; awd1990dsm

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just had the a 7 bolt stroker built and put in by Jake, so I hope its not crankwalk!

The does idle high at about 1500 rpms and throws a CEL for TPS. When it originally did idle high, if I pushed the clutch in, it would drop down to normal. Now it won't even do that, it always idles high (some days for a short time it idles normal though).

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, my motor was put in by Jack not Jake! A little to late to edit.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

To check to see if its crankwalk you can pry the crank pulley out a little from the block, have someone go in the car and push in the clutch pedal. When he/she is doing that you watch to see how much the crank moves back towards the motor. If I was at school I could get you the specs but from what I understand if it moves noticeably then you are in trouble. Do some research on crankwalk and see what you come up with.

If you don't want to do that contact Jack. He will check it out for you probably and I know he has a crankwalk guarantee, I think.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's his master cylinder. When we did the engine it was sticking to the floor even before we started it. We bled the system and it got better, but it still wasn't perfect. We told him to give it a shot to see how it goes, and it looks like it didn't last too long. A new factory Mits master will fix the problem. His master is a little strange. I have never seen one act like his does. They either leak or break, but I have never seen one stick.

Jack

+ Reply to Thread