+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LT. Luke's Talon

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

LT. Luke's Talon

I am the father of Airborne Ranger Lt. Luke Wurpel. I (me - RICK) am searching to find a way to restore (As a Surprise and "Thanks for Your Service") Luke's 93 Eagle Talon for his return from his service to our country in Afghanistan. "Luke's Talon Restoration Project"! BLOG. He will return to Colorado sometime in 2014.

1993 Eagle Talon TSi, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual, front wheel drive

I will be searching for a DSM club, team, individual, restoration Company or (I think the best) high school, college or technical "Trade School" to take this project on as a labor of Thanks, Respect and Love!

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas or leads will be greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

My first suggestion is: don't let high school, college, or technical school kids even look at. You may want to talk to Marcus Martinez. He eats, sleeps, poops, snorts, q-tips, and huffs DSMs on the side.
    J.P.

"RMDSM, donkey punching N/As since 01" -Hoffman

1991 Talon TSi fwd
    -2.4L, 57 trim, V3, no traction, etc

2006 Dodge Dakota ST
    -3.7L V-6 Magnum of fury...

2009 Dodge Charger SXT
    -3.5L V-6, AWD, bone stock...for now

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wouldn't let a high school touch it. But college and technical schools are not bad. As long as the teacher watches them closely. But most of them won't take on a project.
    Marcus also has a full time job and usually doesn't take on huge projects.

To the OP what all are you trying to have done? Giving a scope to the project might help steer you in the right direction.
    Also time frame you want everything done as well as budget you are working with would help a ton.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luke's Talon

The timeline is very open. He will not be back until sometime in 2014. So it could be someones weekend project.

The condition of the car is "Beat" It runs, but needs major tune up, some seals replaced (Leaking spots under it.

And after good diagnosise it may need other engine work. He thinks there is a hole in his exhaust

Body wise, some front end bumper work, scraps and nicks, rusty and missing trim, rusty moonroof trim. Interior upolstery not too bad, trim, gaskets, ceiling, dash in pretty bad shape. Needs much TLC.
    One wheel missing, replaced by non Talon wheel. Other three wheels look OK, but need major cleaning and buffout.
    Paint would need to be redone, I think. It is Black.

Great sound system needs to be installed, exisitng pretty beat.

This would be a suprise for him.

I am on disability so my hope is we can get some donations, promotional support. (I have great contacts with media)

But if no company or group will take it on, I can come up with a few hundred per month so over 2 years $5,000. max.

But that really depends on someone experienced in restorations checking this out.

Having trouble posting picture here. Soon as I figure what problem is, I will attach/embed pictures of "MAXINE (Name of car)

Thanks for help, interest.

Rick (Luke's Father)

+ Reply to Thread