+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a new O2 housing to use external gate

1. Looking for a new O2 housing to use external gate

Currently I have a "stock" (wow, something stock still left on the car), well ported, O2 housing (2G) and I am wanting to go externally gated. I am sure there is someone that makes a custom O2 housing that will bolt up where/how the stock ones does so I can go externally gated, perfer to dump. And, in a perfect would could use a Tial 44mm vband. I know the turbo itself would have to be modified, but there are enough smart guys with grinders around here that could do that. Any ideas? places? Someone local (dener or springs) that could just make one?
    Joe
    2003 Blk/Mod Red Z06
    (Blackwing CAI and Borla catback)
    12.9@109
    1997 Talon TSI AWD
    11.084@128.43 on E85
    WIFE'S NEW CAR!!!
    2007 Yukon XL Denali (every single bell and whistle)
    (Stock..... Gotta have a way to get the kids around)

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

Punishment racing is probably one of the best and most reasonable. Actually making it external is easy and you can do it all in your garage.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have done that in the past, and if I look hard I can probably find the jig I used for it. Give me a ring if your interested.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Bout time sir!

It seems like the easiest way to go external without a bunch of cost is to have a flange welded onto the manifold and the flapper welded shut. To do it right(on the O2), you are going to have to pull your turbo to seal up where the flapper arm goes through anyway. My gate hangs on a Victory Performance O2 housing....I am very happy with this setup.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am pretty sure that Forced Performance has what you are looking for. But, I think that they make it so that you have to buy a whole bunch of there other parts to make it work.

+ Reply to Thread