Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Congrats go to Steve "Bentit" Bennet 4th in class at Pikes Peak

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats go to Steve "Bentit" Bennet 4th in class at Pikes Peak

Once again serious respect and congratuations go to Steve Bennet who runs a Honda-powered single-seat Coyote in local hillclimbs and off-road events. For the third year in a row Steve has done well at the Peak, this year netting a best-for-him finish of 4th in class!
    This car runs a B18 race prepared with individual throttle bodies and an AEM Race ECU and harness built and tuned by me about 3 years ago and the owner loves it! Steve says its so much better than before, starts everytime, idles perfect and pulls hard all the way to the top helping him achieve his fist top 5!

I will post his in-car video as soon as he puts it online.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

Crap I miss this every year!

Way to go, that's very cool.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Downloads
    Uploads

Conditions were excellent this year!

"Moster" Tagumi set a new course record, 10:01.408, beating Rod Millens almost 15 year old record.

The open wheel class was pretty tight this year, and the small bore coyotes had some pretty fierce competition. so 4th in class is a good run!

Somebody needs to do a 4g63t swap into a coyote....(cough... Don..cough)

If you want to see any dirt, you'd better go next year, as it's getting paved from the playground up this summer/fall. The only dirt that will be left is a small section in the middle, and the top.

It was really weird to see people come out of the "W"'s and onto the "ragged edge" on tarmac this year. One or two of the old timers used ALL the road up, and probably had to change their flame retardant underoo's.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

Congratulations to you Don for your tuning!
    Fred

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Evo 6.5 that I tuned ran an impressive 12.01 from what I was told, not bad for a group N legal vehicle and a 17 year old driver. His goal before running time attack was 13 so I'm glad he hit it.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by v413nc3
    The Evo 6.5 that I tuned ran an impressive 12.01 from what I was told, not bad for a group N legal vehicle and a 17 year old driver. His goal before running time attack was 13 so I'm glad he hit it.
    ^^^Who?

Carpateyan ran a 12:54.789

Lisa Klausen DNF'd

I didn't see any other evo's????

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

White, 6.5 from Texas. I wish I had gone up to see it but I was 8 ways from swamped with other stuff. Dan Paramore hired me to tune it for him (http://www.dprracing.com/). Which reminds me, a HUGE thanks to Lucas for staying open late to get us on the dyno at the last minute, and thanks to Shane for staying with us until we were done. The headstuds fixed the heat issue
    *edit*
    Apparently it was a 12:54 and not a 12:01. That's what I get for talking to a guy boarding a late flight back for home. Still not too damn bad for a 17 year old driver. I just checked the official times.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Downloads
    Uploads

*edit*
    Apparently it was a 12:54 and not a 12:01. That's what I get for talking to a guy boarding a late flight back for home. Still not too damn bad for a 17 year old driver. I just checked the official times.[/QUOTE]

Sooo,ya think a 29 year old soon to be 30 would do better?
    Fred

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some video for you-

Bennets highlights from last year:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

The run up the Peak this year:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...40353391781038

The sound is a bit weird, sounds like the motor is cutting out but he swears its wind/vibration goofing up the microphone and the car was pulling just fine.

For anyone thats interested, the car is at the shop if you would like to see one of these cool toys in person, just drop on by.

Oh and John, I would love to put a turbo DSM motor in one of these things, but the rules would then put me in the same class as the ex-Indycars!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fhudsonjr
    *edit*
    Apparently it was a 12:54 and not a 12:01. That's what I get for talking to a guy boarding a late flight back for home. Still not too damn bad for a 17 year old driver. I just checked the official times.
    Sooo,ya think a 29 year old soon to be 30 would do better? [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you mean me, but I've no wish to do any rally racing in the near future.

+ Reply to Thread