+ Reply to Thread

Thread: good bye

1. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

good bye

well i'm taking off for school in Arizona tomorrow. so i just wanted to say bye to everyone. i have had a great time over the last 4 years in colorado and a better final 2 with the DSM crowd. i should be back for a couple weeks in october so maybe then i'll get to see some of you guys again. if all goes well i should be back in colorado come spring 2004.

good luck, drive well, race hard.

art
    '95 Mitsu GSX
    '06 Nissan Titan SE

2. sherrie91nt Guest

Good luck in Arizona Art......its been fun hanging out with you and you better keep in touch with us. Its always sad to see a member leave, but at least we know you will be back. Well have fun.......

3. rmflyfish Guest

Study hard young Sir, Get REALLY smart... It'll pay off in the long run.

Hope you can stay in touch, it was fun picking your brain

BP

4. Good luck, Art!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

Later Art.
    Good luck with everything.
    Vern
    '91 TSi - modified
    slacker Mitsu tech

6. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Downloads
    Uploads

the trip down

well around 9:00am, after some hugs and kisses good bye i get on the road.

it was a pretty uneventful drive until i got south of Truth or Consquences N.M.. some trucker decided to have his rear tires on the trailer catch fire. i see a shit load of smoke coming over this hill. so i check the map, just to make sure i didn't turn off back to Hayman. sure enough, there are 3 -18wheelers, 6- trucks and about 10 people with fire extiguishers trying to snuff out 3 tires. man did that stink. so i continue down the road.

long aobut Las Cruices (sp?), i'm doing about 90mph in a 75mph zone. out of nowhere i see 3 cop cars hauling ass from behind me. damn, i'm busted. so i get over intot he right lane. zooom, they went bye me. thank god. well i found out why about 10 miles down the road some other cops had pulled over some mexicans. INS, DEA, ATF, everyone was there but the national guard. guess they had clean up that day.

about 9 hours and 800 miles later i hit a check point just outside Benson, AZ. ofcourse with all my bags in the car they want to search me. go figure. so i'm pulling all this shit out and they see my shotgun. well that caused a holy stink til i showed them my military id and some travel orders. so after 30 minutes i get to throw all my stuff into the car and continue on.

i finally make Ft. Huachuca at 7:30pm. of course the regular staff is gone for the day and the night crew has no clue where i need to be. so after some running around they stick me in the roach motel. a fairly large room, about 8 beds, only 3 are standing, trash everywhere. but atleast the A/C worked since it doesn't in my car. so after a couple trips to and from the car i get enough stuff into the room so i can take a shower, sleep and go to work the next day.

man do i hate road trips alone. but in 3 months i get to go back to colorado for a few days.
    '95 Mitsu GSX
    '06 Nissan Titan SE

7. sherrie91nt Guest

Glad to hear you made it there safely. At least you had some excitement to add to the trip. We will have to have a club meeting in October when you come back for a visit all in your honor. Well have fun at your first day of work tomarrow.

~sherrie~

+ Reply to Thread